3.02.2010

We take advantage of warm days here...

We love Colorado. One of the things we love is that even when it is freezing cold in the winter, unless it's snowing, the sun still shines bright! That was until this winter... We have had very little snow, but it's still been cold and it's been cloudy. Not a good combination in my book! So when we woke up to pure blue skies and 60-degree sunshine this morning, it was, "Everybody OUT and STAY out!" Thankfully, we have lots of fun things to do outside in our own backyard.
We are also blessed that Patrick works from home and he had an extra long lunch today. We got to go for our first walk as a family since moving into our new home. How sad it's taken us that long! But again, cold and cloudy....
I feel super blessed. If you know me at all, you know I'm still a little horse crazy. And our neighbors have a pair of super sweet ones that came running when they saw us walking down the road. Sadly, all we had was kisses and lots of affection for them. I plan to give our neighbors a call to see if they'd mind us giving them some treats.
And no sunny day is complete without a picnic on the back porch.
A picnic on the porch Daniel and Caleb promptly moved up into their playhouse.
As I was basking in the sunshine, watching the boys run around, being the wild, crazy boys God created them to be, I remembered a conversation Patrick and I had with a pastor shortly after we moved to Colorado. We were looking to become members of a local church and discussing with him how we could get involved. We were also very concerned that we not miss our "calling" for being in Colorado. He looked at us and said, "How do you know God didn't bring you here just to bless you?"
Today I thought, "Wow, God has so blessed us by bringing us here."
Yes, we are serving God. We continually check our calling and make sure it is in line with His. We are starting to see the reasons God suddenly moved us out to Denver four years ago... and now out to the sticks... but how amazing that He brought us to a place that we would love and our family would thrive.
Truly blessings beyond our imagining....

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love the fuzzy horses! I just love seeing their winter coats. Oh yeah, your kids are cute too. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN! Deborah your new house looks like a little boys' dream! I can't wait to visit =) We will have to evaluate when that could be, as the purchase of the house, but I WOULD LOVE to let our boys' run together on all your land, and go for fun nature walks too!!!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete