6.09.2010

Heirlooms.

Once, while visiting Patrick's parents his mom showed me
baby dresses she had received while pregnant with her boys.
Back then there were no ultrasounds and so friends gave a little for each
gender. I remember thinking, "Oh, please, oh, please, let me have
those precious outfits if I ever have a daughter!"
Yesterday I got a package and inside...

All hand-stitched.

Delicate details.

A favorite. Yellow silk.

A complete outfit.
Petticoat. Dress. Booties. Blanket.

Precious.

3 comments:

  1. Priceless. A momma's hopes and dreams were sewn into those tiny garments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica Pruett11 June, 2010

    Those items bring tears to my eyes! I pray a heap of blessings upon your little girl and upon you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness those outfits are beautiful, just beautiful from Patric's mom and the room is just ADORABLE!! You did an amazing job... now time to meet your baby girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete