8.16.2010

frogs, frogs and more frogs

It appears the Plagues have visited central Colorado this year. We've had more mosquitoes, crickets and grasshoppers than I have ever seen hanging around this summer. And then today -- we have frogs! I was actually picking up a grasshopper that found his way into my kitchen with a tissue (I hate when they kick inside your hand) when Caleb ran in to tell me they had dug up a ton of frogs!
And sure enough, they were all carrying around several quarter sized frogs in their boxes. Well, frogs I can handle. These little ones are sort of cute.
As long as the boys keep them outside.
Daniel showing Eli the frogs in his box. I'm not sure what Caleb was trying to tell me.

Eli had a difficult time catching a frog of his own so Caleb kindly shared.


Not sure how much squishing these frogs can take. Remember my post last summer about Caleb's earthworms? Hopefully, these frogs have a better fate and don't end up down the garbage disposal.

2 comments:

  1. Love their hats. I with you on the grasshoppers wiggling in your hand. ick! I feel the same way about moths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stoppin by! How neat you have a Caleb and Daniel, keep going....and get a Bethany, Elijah, Anna, Micah, ect.... LOL!!!! I see yall are making country work for raising your children! What a blessing. We have lived in the country for 16 1/2 years and what a blessing! It is amazing what children learn and how such character is instilled in them with :work and chores!"

    I dont remember how I met Ava,a blog here and there, but I always "feel" with ones that have similar trials with small children and want to offer hope becasue HE has given me hope hope and comfort. Its a long road for Josh and his family but God will help and lead and comfort!

    Its so nice to meet you and keep in touch!!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete