8.24.2010

Patrick's Birthday

Lest we forget there are other members of this family beside Nadya... Patrick had a birthday recently! Turned 40ish. Plus a few.

A couple months ago Patrick announced he had bought a ticket to see RUSH at Red Rocks and was going with a friend. (I know that might sound weird to some. My husband buying a ticket to a concert and not even asking me to go. But my tolerance for RUSH is 2.5 songs and then I ask if he can switch to something else.)

I noticed the date of the concert fell on August 18 (his birthday) and my thought was, "How convenient. Happy Birthday, Babe!" So that was my gift to him this year.

He got this crazy spotlight from his parents. Patrick's comment, "This is going to great for bunny hunting at night!" Later he asked me if I thought Daniel could hold the light while he took aim.
NO! Bunny Killer.
Patrick's birthdays tend for follow a theme. He gets a lot of golf related paraphernalia. This year he scored!


Hat and the best-kind-of golf balls from his Atticus co-workers.

Golf shirt and sweater vest from his brother and sis-in-law. Perfect for Fall golfing in Colorado!

And the boys got him an hour lesson with a golf pro. Not that I (or the boys) think Patrick needs to take a lesson, but he's been saying for awhile that he needs to "tweek" a few things. I know he hasn't done it though because he doesn't want to spend money we might need somewhere else or take time away from our family. But we thought he deserved a little "Me Time."

Happy Birthday, Babe! I'm glad you were born!

1 comment:

  1. Rush??!!! Did they have walkers and canes to assist themselves? tee hee I love that Patrick went to hear Rush. It sounds like a perfectly wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete