1.04.2010

New Year, New Beginnings

Okay, I know some of you reading this are already laughing at me.

What in the world am I starting another blog for? I never did anything with the old one!

Well, that's where new beginnings come in. And there have been a LOT of those in the Wilson household over the past several months. So I figured that with the start of a new year, I would start with a new blog to chronicle all of these new beginnings. Especially, all of the new things we have to learn as we transition from our lives as suburbanites to "country gentleman and lady." I say gentleman and lady as I have no intention to raise my own sheep, sheer them, spin their wool to turn into material to sew my own clothes. However, we have ideas of some things we'd like to dabble in - growing vegetables, raising some chickens, owning a shotgun or two... Hence the name, The Semi-Homemade Homestead. (You really can't have a Made-from Scratch Homestead when Super Walmart is only five miles away!)

So hopefully, I'll keep up with this and you will enjoy the musing of a wanna-be-country-girl who still laughs that waving at every car coming toward you on a dirt road is a steadfast country rule!

So here's to plenty of waving at complete strangers in 2010!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh you make me laugh. I grew up in the country and not only do you wave as you drive you also wave to everyone who drives past your home if you are outside. tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are going to keep us up on what is going on with you all! :) Don't worry before long your hand will just do the waving without you even thinking about it. That is what has happened to folk in MO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...this totally reminds me of living in the country in IN. i'm so excited that you guys moved to the country; wish i could move next door to you all!

    ReplyDelete